Sunday, March 23, 2014

I don't know what this is


This is a paper I had to write about what I thought of myself for school. I literally had to put this in a binder. That I'm going to have to show the whole school in a few years. I don't know if I mentioned it, but our school is sort of weird. (Not necessarily a bad thing)


----------------------------------


Hello, my name is Anders. If Anders is reading this, then tell him I said hi.

Who are you as a person?
I am an incredibly talented and handsome and also smart person. I prefer to spend my time in the classroom either getting work done and then doing something fantastic, or procrastinating. Yet somehow, usually, I get my work done on time. Last year, however, this system did not work. Partly because I just didn’t have the motivation to get my work done on time, and I wasn’t a very good procrastinator, because I wouldn’t do the work when I was supposed to, and then I didn’t end up doing it on the last day like I had planned. But since then, I realised why it’s important to do the stuff my teachers give me, because my brother is trying to get into colleges, and now I know what happens to seventeen year olds when they get tired and angry, so I am doing what I can to keep from becoming tired and angry and not getting into colleges. The knot with trying to be a model student and doing what you’re supposed to and not what you’re not, is that DOING WORK IS GENERALLY NOT A LOT OF FUN. I try to be good and not procrastinate, but sometimes it can be frustrating when I don’t know how to do things, and on top of that, now I’m all used to taking breaks whenever I get frustrated, from a history of being encouraged to do that in E1. Not that I’m complaining, because when it’s going down hill it’s nice to take a chill pill. Another issue is having friends. That did sound a lot more pessimistic than when it was in my head. When you have friends, and you are bored/frustrated, there is an urge to talk with them. Mostly about non school topics. When you talk with someone about non school topics, you waste lots of time that could have been used to work on the packet. Now, you don’t have a lot of time, or work period is over, and you have extra work for tomorrow. This can be stressful, thus continues the whole cycle. I noticed that this whole section is starting to sound really morose, so I’m going to talk about something else. Something that is going well so far is the sixth grade project. I don’t know if it gets stressful and there’s going to be a lot of work, that’s why I said “so far”. I also enjoy making stories, in the form of typing, because it is much easier and I can type pretty fast. That is probably why the section about who I am as a person is like a page long, and I’m talking about my sixth grade project in the wrong section now. So when I have a story, I rush to the computer, sign up, and type like mad before the flow of ideas leaves me. Again, this should go into the language section. So, to end confusion, I am going to jump to the next section.

MATH
I am not doing super well on the whole math thing. I am definitely working on it, and I have no plans not to work on the algebra volume my aunt sent me. Excuse me. Algebra volumeS. And I have been doing pretty ok on Khan Academy. I have been in Florida for about a week, so that’s why I am working on this on Thursday, when most people are finished. Again, off topic. I’m supposed to write about note-taking, so here. I don’t take notes. On paper. I find that if the topic is interesting, I will remember what was told to me. And plus,  I don’t read notes. In fact, I don’t really like being that person who always has their notes and their planners, and always sprints to get the thing when the teacher calls “could you please get me the thing?”. I just don’t think that taking notes helps me. In fact, I think I learn less when I am forced to take notes, because I spend so much of my focus on jotting stuff down as fast as I can that I don’t actually take into account what was said. This may not be a problem for other people who read their notes, but I learn better when somebody tells me something, not when I read it in my notes. Besides, how can I trust my own notes if I can’t trust myself to do throw a pencil into the dog’s bowl.

Language
I am mostly going to be talking about writing here. No verbs, no proverbs, no adverbs, no quadverbs, not even any fried toast. Just everything else. One of my favorite things to is write (type) out stories. This has both helped me a lot and got me in trouble a lot. Because I don’t dislike writing (typing) things, if we have poetry circle or have to use a writing prompt or something, I generally get whatever it is done relatively quickly, then go somewhere else to do something (else). Since I LIKE doing things like writing (typing), I do it a little bit too much, when I’m not supposed to, and end up not doing what I’m supposed to be doing. Or typing more than I need to on something like this. When I do make a good story (which often is the case), I read it to the class on Friday. When I am in the flow of typing, I usually add in little remarks that I would definitely not want to say out loud. (How do you even talk NOT out loud?) Anyways, I find myself in situations where I see a word that is in the story that I thought was very funny prior to now, then get freaked out, because there are other people here, some of whom would get very disappointed if I did say the thing, so I end up skipping it and replacing the word with something more appropriate, like dissappointed. So my stories end up sounding a lot better in my head then they do out loud. And also I like reading. If the book is good. I like lit circle, because we actually talk about stuff, not just read the book and fill out interpretive rubrics. I SPELLED RUBRIKS RIGHT! (Correcly) (Correctly)

SPELLING
Speaking of spelling, I am now passed out of spelling because of my skillz, but I think that it was a bad move (no offense) because I am not much better than anybody else here. For instance, I can’t spell words like rubrik, dissapointed, and Portfoleos. But maybe It will help me to do Freerice, since it teaches thing like vocabulary, and things like that.

PORTFOLIOS
Portfolios aren’t as hard as they were. That’s because when I was in fourth and third grade, I was very disorganized, (You can tell that I’ve improved) but now, I am already done with the big clean, and have plans to spend all day here typing about me, a topic of which I should really not be the author of. And all that I have left is the actual portfoleo part, which is most likely the hardest. I’m going to go ask If I can finish this now.

HISTORY
As our good old friend Christopher Cumulonimbus would have said, “History’s a mystery”. But he’s not, so I said it. History is an interesting topic. It’s not very interactive, but I think that this is one of those classes that is just better if you listen to stories of history and occasionally ask a question. The issue with asking questions is that not a lot of people ask questions, so I often end up asking twenty or so questions, while most other people don’t ask any. That makes things awkward, and it’s even more awkward when I DON’T TAKE NOTES.  I sometimes do, but only when something is said that I think is VERY INTERSETING. Comics are a good way of taking notes, (don’t tell my teacher(s)) because they are completely fantastic, and also because they can be educational (If I decide to make them related to the topic of discussion).

BEING FANTASTIC
First of all, this doesn’t count as a chapter, because I am just writing (typing) this because I started 
typing and can’t stop. Second of all, being fantastic is not an easy thing to do.




this is how to be fantastic




-----------------------------------------

I hoped you got a good look at that kitten, because it is our mascot.

No comments:

Post a Comment